The lovely Cate Blanchett, a veteran of the red carpet, stole the show at the 18th Costume Designers Guild Awards when she arrived in a fabulous ensemble. We rarely see this movie superstar in figure-hugging, slinky dresses but this dress style definitely suits her.
Cate wore an Atelier Versace black dress with a form-fitting style that had an almost liquid-like, slithery effect. The backless number was topped with a stunning Tiffany necklace that was blindingly sparkly. With its bib style, the diamond necklace looked like part of the dress’ neckline.
Decorated with countless diamonds of different sizes, the sparkling accessory added extravagance to the ensemble. Reportedly, this necklace has a price tag of about $1.5 million!
Cate Blanchett attends the 18th Costume Designers Guild Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles on February 24, 2016
Want to make a glamorous statement without having to spend too much?
We found 5 great alternatives that we hope you’ll like:
1. Kate Spade New York Purely Pearly Statement Necklace $208.60 (before: $298) at Shopbop
2. Kendra Scott ‘Giada’ Collar Necklace, $395 at Nordstrom
3. Kenneth Jay Lane Three Row Bead Necklace, $250 at Shopbop
4. Topshop Metallic Leaf Necklace, $40 at Nordstrom
5. Raga Layered Beaded Statement Necklace, $75 at Shopbop
Credit: WENN/Brian To